Close Menu
Daljoog News
    What's Hot
    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    February 19, 2026
    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    February 19, 2026
    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Thursday, February 19
    Daljoog News
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • General
    • World
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Politics
    • Finance
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Travel
    Daljoog News
    Home»Finance»Trump Revokes $4 Billion California Rail Project Funding
    Finance

    Trump Revokes $4 Billion California Rail Project Funding

    Andrew RogersBy Andrew RogersJuly 17, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Follow Us
    Google News
    Trump Revokes $4 Billion California Rail Project Funding
    Trump Revokes $4 Billion California Rail Project Funding
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The U.S. government has withdrawn $4 billion in funding from California’s high-speed rail project. President Donald Trump announced the decision, saying the project had no clear path forward.

    The Department of Transportation said the move was due to repeated failures in meeting deadlines, rising costs, and uncertain future plans. The department is also considering taking back more money linked to the project.

    A recent 315-page report by the Federal Railroad Administration outlined several problems. These included financial shortfalls, missed goals, and questions about how many people would actually use the train service.

    One major issue is the $7 billion in missing funds needed to complete the first 171-mile stretch between Merced and Bakersfield. Without this money, the initial section cannot move forward.

    The high-speed rail system was first planned as an 800-mile network. It was designed to connect San Francisco to Los Angeles, with later extensions reaching Sacramento and San Diego. Trains on the route would travel up to 220 miles per hour.

    The rail authority in charge of the project disagreed with the administration’s view. They said the conclusions were wrong and did not consider the progress already made. They pointed to ongoing construction along 119 miles in the Central Valley as proof of movement.

    California Governor Gavin Newsom’s budget proposal includes at least $1 billion in funding each year for the next two decades. Officials say this would be enough to finish the first operating segment of the line.

    In response to the funding cut, Newsom posted on social media, criticizing Trump and defending the state’s efforts. He said he would not take advice from someone who can’t manage national air travel issues.

    Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy criticized the project as a failure and even suggested there might be corruption involved. He referred to the rail effort as an example of poor government planning.

    The rail project has faced growing problems since voters approved $10 billion for it back in 2008. At the time, the plan was to complete the entire route by 2020, with a total cost of $33 billion. But the cost has now ballooned to between $89 billion and $128 billion.

    Under former President Joe Biden, the project received new life. In 2021, the Biden administration restored $929 million in grants that Trump had previously taken away in 2019. Trump had then labeled the effort a “disaster.”

    Despite new support in recent years, the project still struggles. With the latest move to withdraw $4 billion, its future is once again in doubt. Unless California can close its funding gap and speed up construction, the vision of a high-speed rail link between major cities in the state may remain out of reach.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Andrew Rogers
    Andrew Rogers
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Andrew Rogers is a seasoned journalist and news analyst specializing in global affairs, politics, and finance. With a passion for investigative reporting, he delivers accurate, insightful stories that inform and engage readers worldwide.

    Related Posts

    Why can't the US dollar's depreciation be stopped?

    Why can’t the US dollar’s depreciation be stopped?

    February 1, 2026
    Gold Near Record High as Greenland Crisis Builds

    Gold Near Record High as Greenland Crisis Builds

    January 20, 2026
    Guangxi Rural Forestry Loan Support Grows

    Guangxi Rural Forestry Loan Support Grows

    December 29, 2025

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks
    Why can't the US dollar's depreciation be stopped?

    Why can’t the US dollar’s depreciation be stopped?

    February 1, 2026
    Gold Near Record High as Greenland Crisis Builds

    Gold Near Record High as Greenland Crisis Builds

    January 20, 2026
    Guangxi Rural Forestry Loan Support Grows

    Guangxi Rural Forestry Loan Support Grows

    December 29, 2025
    Wall Street AI Stock Trade Remains Strong

    Wall Street AI Stock Trade Remains Strong

    December 22, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    Don't Miss
    Musk’s X Sues New York Over Hate Speech Law

    Musk’s X Sues New York Over Hate Speech Law

    Technology June 19, 2025

    X, the social media platform owned by Elon Musk, is suing the state of New…

    Kenya Reaffirms Commitment to Peace After Sudan Accuses It of Hostility

    Kenya Reaffirms Commitment to Peace After Sudan Accuses It of Hostility

    February 19, 2025
    Thailand Aims to Boost Health Industry as Key Economic Driver

    Thailand Aims to Boost Health Industry as Key Economic Driver

    March 5, 2025
    Mass Shooting at Festival in Mexico Leaves 11 Dead Amid Gang Turf War

    Mass Shooting at Festival in Mexico Leaves 11 Dead Amid Gang Turf War

    June 26, 2025
    About Us

    Daljoog News is a trusted news platform that brings you the latest global and local updates with accuracy and fairness. We are committed to clear and unbiased reporting, covering topics like politics, business, technology, science, and culture and more. Using the latest technology and expert journalism, we provide reliable coverage of important stories. Stay informed, inspired, and empowered with Daljoog News—your source for breaking news, the latest updates, and videos that matter.

    Email Us: info@daljoognews.com

    Our Picks
    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    February 18, 2026
    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    February 15, 2026
    Why can't the US dollar's depreciation be stopped?

    Why can’t the US dollar’s depreciation be stopped?

    February 1, 2026
    Latest News
    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    February 19, 2026
    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    February 19, 2026
    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Our Authors
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Sitemap
    © 2026 DaljoogNews.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.