Close Menu
Daljoog News
    What's Hot
    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    February 19, 2026
    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    February 19, 2026
    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Thursday, February 19
    Daljoog News
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • General
    • World
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Politics
    • Finance
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Travel
    Daljoog News
    Home»Politics»Newsom Sues Trump Over Guard Deployment
    Politics

    Newsom Sues Trump Over Guard Deployment

    Andrew RogersBy Andrew RogersOctober 6, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Follow Us
    Google News
    Newsom Sues Trump Over Guard Deployment
    Newsom Sues Trump Over Guard Deployment
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    California Governor Gavin Newsom announced he is suing President Donald Trump over the deployment of 300 California National Guard members to Oregon. Newsom said the move by the Trump administration is “unapologetically attacking the rule of law” and defying court orders.

    “They are on their way there now,” Newsom said in a press statement. “The Trump Administration is ignoring court orders and treating judges as political opponents, even those appointed by the President himself.”

    The Pentagon confirmed the deployment later Sunday. Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell said that, “At the direction of the President, approximately 200 federalized members of the California National Guard are being reassigned from duty in the greater Los Angeles area to Portland, Oregon to support US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and other federal personnel performing official duties, including enforcement of federal law, and to protect federal property.”

    Newsom’s lawsuit follows a federal judge blocking the Trump administration from deploying the Oregon National Guard to Portland. US District Judge Karin Immergut ruled that sending troops could inflame tensions rather than calm them. The order delays any deployment until at least October 18.

    Portland officials noted that recent protests against federal immigration enforcement had been largely peaceful. Caroline Turco, the city’s senior deputy attorney, said there had been no violence against ICE officers for months, and recent protests were “sedate,” sometimes with fewer than a dozen participants.

    “This isn’t about public safety, it’s about power,” Newsom said. “We will take this fight to court, but the public cannot stay silent in the face of reckless and authoritarian conduct by the President of the United States.”

    Oregon Attorney General Dan Rayfield said the state is “quickly assessing our options and preparing to take legal action.” He added, “The President is obviously determined to deploy the military in American cities, absent facts or authority to do so. It is up to us and the courts to hold him accountable. That’s what we intend to do.”

    The California National Guard referred questions to the Department of Defense, which declined to comment. The White House defended the deployment, saying, “President Trump exercised his lawful authority to protect federal assets and personnel in Portland following violent riots and attacks on law enforcement. For once, Gavin Newsom should stand on the side of law-abiding citizens instead of violent criminals destroying Portland and cities across the country,” according to Deputy Press Secretary Abigail Jackson.

    The Oregon deployment comes a day after Trump sent National Guard troops to Chicago, part of a series of interventions across multiple states. Trump initially announced the Portland deployment on September 27, saying he was “authorizing full force, if necessary,” despite objections from Oregon officials and members of Congress.

    Trump has repeatedly described Portland as a “war-ravaged” city, citing small protests against ICE as justification for sending troops. During his first term in 2020, he deployed federal forces to the city amid nationwide protests following George Floyd’s murder.

    Newsom criticized the latest deployment, calling it “appalling, un-American, and must be stopped,” reinforcing his commitment to challenge the administration’s actions in court. The dispute highlights ongoing tensions between state and federal authorities over the use of military forces in domestic cities and raises questions about executive authority and civil liberties.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Andrew Rogers
    Andrew Rogers
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Andrew Rogers is a seasoned journalist and news analyst specializing in global affairs, politics, and finance. With a passion for investigative reporting, he delivers accurate, insightful stories that inform and engage readers worldwide.

    Related Posts

    Peru Names Jose Maria Balcazar Interim President After Jeri’s Ouster

    Peru Names Jose Maria Balcazar Interim President After Jeri’s Ouster

    February 19, 2026
    FEMA Deployments Paused Amid DHS Shutdown

    FEMA Deployments Paused Amid DHS Shutdown

    February 19, 2026
    NYC Board Ends Lease of Israel Drone Firm

    NYC Board Ends Lease of Israel Drone Firm

    February 19, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks
    Peru Names Jose Maria Balcazar Interim President After Jeri’s Ouster

    Peru Names Jose Maria Balcazar Interim President After Jeri’s Ouster

    February 19, 2026
    FEMA Deployments Paused Amid DHS Shutdown

    FEMA Deployments Paused Amid DHS Shutdown

    February 19, 2026
    NYC Board Ends Lease of Israel Drone Firm

    NYC Board Ends Lease of Israel Drone Firm

    February 19, 2026
    Mississippi Court Weighs Reviving Bryant Suit

    Mississippi Court Weighs Reviving Bryant Suit

    February 19, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    Don't Miss
    Trump Announces $175 Billion Defense Project to Protect U.S. from Threats

    Trump Announces $175 Billion Defense Project to Protect U.S. from Threats

    World May 21, 2025

    President Donald Trump has launched a new $175 Billion defense project to protect the United…

    Microsoft 365 platform

    Microsoft 365 platform: Secure and seamless productivity

    July 12, 2025
    Army Hero Hit with $40K Bill After 30 Years of Service

    Army Hero Hit with $40K Bill After 30 Years of Service

    June 15, 2025
    Bryan Kohberger to Plead Guilty in Idaho Student Murders

    Bryan Kohberger to Plead Guilty in Idaho Student Murders

    July 1, 2025
    About Us

    Daljoog News is a trusted news platform that brings you the latest global and local updates with accuracy and fairness. We are committed to clear and unbiased reporting, covering topics like politics, business, technology, science, and culture and more. Using the latest technology and expert journalism, we provide reliable coverage of important stories. Stay informed, inspired, and empowered with Daljoog News—your source for breaking news, the latest updates, and videos that matter.

    Email Us: info@daljoognews.com

    Our Picks
    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    February 18, 2026
    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    February 15, 2026
    Why can't the US dollar's depreciation be stopped?

    Why can’t the US dollar’s depreciation be stopped?

    February 1, 2026
    Latest News
    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    February 19, 2026
    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    February 19, 2026
    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Our Authors
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Sitemap
    © 2026 DaljoogNews.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.