President Donald Trump will attend this year’s World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, accompanied by several top officials, a source familiar with the plans said Wednesday. U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick, and Energy Secretary Chris Wright are among the Cabinet members expected to join him.
Also included in the delegation are U.S. Trade Representative Jamieson Greer and Special Envoy to the Middle East Steve Witkoff. The delegation will meet with global leaders during the annual forum, scheduled for January 19-23, 2026.
Trump will attend in person, after addressing last year’s forum remotely, four days after returning to the White House for his second term. The president said on Truth Social that his speech will highlight new housing and affordability proposals.
During last year’s address, Trump focused on demanding lower OPEC oil prices and cuts in interest rates. He also warned global business and political leaders of potential tariffs if products were manufactured outside the United States, signaling his ongoing emphasis on domestic economic priorities.
Observers note that Trump’s presence at Davos, along with his Cabinet and key envoys, underscores the administration’s intent to engage directly with international economic leaders. Discussions are expected to cover trade, energy, and housing policy, reflecting the administration’s domestic and global priorities.
The forum provides Trump an opportunity to present U.S. economic proposals to a worldwide audience while reinforcing alliances and addressing challenges in trade and energy markets.






