Close Menu
Daljoog News
    What's Hot
    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    February 19, 2026
    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    February 19, 2026
    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Friday, February 20
    Daljoog News
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • General
    • World
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Politics
    • Finance
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Travel
    Daljoog News
    Home»World»US Strikes Iranian Nuclear Sites in Escalation of Israel-Iran War
    World

    US Strikes Iranian Nuclear Sites in Escalation of Israel-Iran War

    Daljoog NewsBy Daljoog NewsJune 22, 2025Updated:June 23, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Follow Us
    Google News
    US Strikes Iranian Nuclear Sites in Escalation of Israel-Iran War
    US Strikes Iranian Nuclear Sites in Escalation of Israel-Iran War
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The United States has taken a direct role in the conflict between Israel and Iran, launching targeted airstrikes on three major Iranian nuclear sites early Sunday. These sites — Fordo, Isfahan, and Natanz — were hit by American stealth bombers using heavy bunker-buster bombs, according to U.S. officials and statements from Iranian authorities.

    Iran quickly responded by stating that radiation detectors showed no leaks from the targeted locations. The country’s National Nuclear Safety System confirmed there was no danger to people living near the facilities. Similar previous Israeli airstrikes on these facilities also did not result in any radiation release, according to the International Atomic Energy Agency.

    From the White House, President Donald Trump announced that the nuclear facilities had been “completely and fully obliterated.” He warned Iran that any retaliation would be met with further attacks. “There will either be peace or there will be tragedy for Iran,” Trump said.

    Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization acknowledged the strikes but claimed that operations would continue. Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei had earlier warned that any U.S. action would lead to “irreparable damage.”

    The U.S. action follows more than a week of Israeli strikes on Iran. Those operations focused on degrading Iran’s missile systems and weakening its nuclear program. However, Israeli officials believed only American stealth bombers with the GBU-57 “Massive Ordnance Penetrator” could destroy deeply buried nuclear facilities like Fordo.

    Trump confirmed on social media that all planes had exited Iranian airspace safely. He also stated that a full payload was dropped on Fordo, calling the attack a “historic moment for the United States of America, Israel, and the world.”

    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised Trump for what he called a “bold decision,” saying the U.S. had done what no other nation could. Netanyahu credited the strike with changing the course of history.

    Fox News reported that six bunker-buster bombs were used on Fordo. In addition, 30 Tomahawk missiles from U.S. submarines reportedly struck the Natanz and Isfahan sites. These details were not officially confirmed by the White House or Pentagon.

    The decision carries major risks. Iran had promised a response if the U.S. joined Israel’s offensive. Iranian officials have said the strikes could lead to a full-scale regional war. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned of a dangerous escalation that could have severe consequences for civilians and the broader region.

    Trump said he had no plans to deploy ground troops. However, critics have pointed out that his decision contradicts past promises to avoid costly foreign wars. Some of Trump’s political allies are concerned that this move might weaken his appeal to voters who supported his isolationist stance.

    Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen also threatened to resume attacks on U.S. ships in the Red Sea if the U.S. continues its involvement. These attacks had paused in May under a deal with the U.S.

    Meanwhile, the U.S. began offering “assisted departure flights” from Israel, marking the first since the 2023 Hamas-led attack that started the conflict in Gaza.

    Trump’s airstrike came just two days after saying he would decide within two weeks. Observers believe he was influenced by Israeli pressure and Republican lawmakers who saw a unique chance to damage Iran’s nuclear ambitions permanently.

    Reports indicate the Israeli military has already weakened much of Iran’s air defense. But to destroy Fordo — a highly secure nuclear site built deep underground — Israel requested U.S. help using the GBU-57. This bomb can reach targets 200 feet below the surface and is carried only by the American B-2 stealth bomber.

    If used, this would be the bomb’s first combat deployment. While it carries only conventional explosives, its impact is massive. The weapon can penetrate layers of rock and concrete, increasing the odds of disabling buried facilities.

    The IAEA has warned that Fordo contains highly enriched uranium. A direct hit might pose contamination risks, but Iran’s monitors and the IAEA confirmed no release of nuclear material after the strike.

    The military move comes after two months of failed U.S.-Iran diplomacy. Trump had tried to avoid escalation, even urging Israel to delay strikes in April and May. But with diplomacy deadlocked, he shifted tone. In a recent post, Trump said he knew where Iran’s top leader was hiding but stated there were no plans to target him — “at least not for now.”

    The current crisis revives debate over Trump’s 2018 withdrawal from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, which had imposed strict limits on Iran’s uranium enrichment. Trump had long criticized the agreement as being too lenient on Iran.

    While Trump once pledged to end endless wars, his move may mark the beginning of a new chapter in Middle East conflict — one where the U.S. takes a more direct and dangerous role.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Daljoog News
    Daljoog News
    • Website
    • Facebook
    • X (Twitter)
    • Instagram

    Daljoog News is a trusted online news platform delivering timely and accurate reports on a wide range of topics, including General News, World Affairs, Business, Technology, Politics, Finance, Health, Lifestyle, Sports, and Travel. Committed to journalistic excellence, Daljoog News provides in-depth analysis, breaking news, and insightful stories to keep readers informed about the latest global and local developments. Stay ahead with Daljoog News—where facts meet clarity.

    Related Posts

    How did the people of Gaza spend their first Iftar-Sehri of Ramadan?

    How did the people of Gaza spend their first Iftar-Sehri of Ramadan?

    February 19, 2026
    More than 72,000 Palestinians killed in Israeli offensive

    More than 72,000 Palestinians killed in Israeli offensive

    February 18, 2026
    Gaza Drummer Brings Hope Amid War Ruins

    Gaza Drummer Brings Hope Amid War Ruins

    February 18, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks
    How did the people of Gaza spend their first Iftar-Sehri of Ramadan?

    How did the people of Gaza spend their first Iftar-Sehri of Ramadan?

    February 19, 2026
    More than 72,000 Palestinians killed in Israeli offensive

    More than 72,000 Palestinians killed in Israeli offensive

    February 18, 2026
    Gaza Drummer Brings Hope Amid War Ruins

    Gaza Drummer Brings Hope Amid War Ruins

    February 18, 2026
    Drone Strike on Sudan Market Kills 28, Dozens Injured

    Drone Strike on Sudan Market Kills 28, Dozens Injured

    February 17, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    Don't Miss
    Thailand to Charge $9 Tourism Fee for Foreign Visitors During Peak Season

    Thailand to Charge $9 Tourism Fee for Foreign Visitors During Peak Season

    Travel March 3, 2025

    Thailand is set to implement a new tourism tax for foreign travelers, which will come…

    Paul Costelloe, Princess Diana’s Designer, Dies

    Paul Costelloe, Princess Diana’s Designer, Dies

    November 23, 2025
    Al-Qassam Fighters Destroy Israeli Bulldozer in Gaza Attack

    Al-Qassam Fighters Destroy Israeli Bulldozer in Gaza Attack

    June 30, 2025
    Iran Uranium Sites: US Officials Disagree Over Damage

    Iran Uranium Sites: US Officials Disagree Over Damage

    June 28, 2025
    About Us

    Daljoog News is a trusted news platform that brings you the latest global and local updates with accuracy and fairness. We are committed to clear and unbiased reporting, covering topics like politics, business, technology, science, and culture and more. Using the latest technology and expert journalism, we provide reliable coverage of important stories. Stay informed, inspired, and empowered with Daljoog News—your source for breaking news, the latest updates, and videos that matter.

    Email Us: info@daljoognews.com

    Our Picks
    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    February 18, 2026
    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    February 15, 2026
    Why can't the US dollar's depreciation be stopped?

    Why can’t the US dollar’s depreciation be stopped?

    February 1, 2026
    Latest News
    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    Experts Reveal the Smartest Time to Arrive at the Airport

    February 19, 2026
    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    NFL Scouting Combine 2026: What Really Matters as Player Participation Dips

    February 19, 2026
    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    Camila Cabello Turns Heads in Red Bikini During Tropical Getaway

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Our Authors
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Sitemap
    © 2026 DaljoogNews.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.