Close Menu
Daljoog News
    What's Hot
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    April 25, 2026
    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale.jpg The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.

    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale

    April 25, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Thursday, May 21
    Daljoog News
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • General
    • World
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Politics
    • Finance
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Travel
    Daljoog News
    Home»Politics»Disabled Veteran Detained in Camarillo Raid Freed Without Charges
    Politics

    Disabled Veteran Detained in Camarillo Raid Freed Without Charges

    Andrew RogersBy Andrew RogersJuly 15, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Follow Us
    Google News
    Disabled Veteran Detained in Camarillo Raid Freed Without Charges
    Disabled Veteran Detained in Camarillo Raid Freed Without Charges
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A 25-year-old disabled U.S. Army veteran has been released without charges after being held for over three days following a federal raid in Ventura County. The man, identified as George Retes, was taken into custody during an immigration enforcement operation at a cannabis facility in Camarillo.

    Retes, who works as a security guard at Glass House Farms, was caught up in the raid that took place on Thursday. According to his family and the United Farm Workers Union, he is a U.S. citizen and had no legal reason to be detained.

    The situation unfolded as tensions rose between federal agents and demonstrators near the farm. Retes was seen attempting to leave the scene in his white vehicle when agents approached. His family later said agents smashed his car window, used pepper spray, and detained him on the spot.

    His wife and sister told local media they recognized him in helicopter footage as he tried to drive away from the growing crowd. The video, aired by a local station, showed agents surrounding the vehicle and making the arrest.

    For several days, Retes’ family said they had no contact with him. They didn’t know where he was being held or what charges, if any, he faced. The lack of communication left them frightened and confused.

    The United Farm Workers Union stepped in to provide support. On Sunday night, the group confirmed that Retes had been released. He was freed from federal custody without any charges filed.

    Union officials said Retes’ detention raises serious questions about how the raid was handled. They argue that the use of force and his arrest were unnecessary, especially since he is a citizen and was simply doing his job.

    Advocates say the incident shows the risks that workers face during enforcement actions, even when they are not the targets. They also point to a lack of clear information during and after the operation, which caused distress to families and coworkers.

    The raid itself has been criticized for its handling and the fear it caused among employees. Many people working in the area reportedly feared for their safety and were unsure who the federal agents were targeting.

    Family members say Retes is now home and recovering. They hope to understand why he was detained in the first place and whether any policies were violated during the arrest.

    Supporters have called for transparency and accountability. They want to make sure that what happened to Retes does not happen to others in similar situations. Some are also demanding a review of federal procedures used during workplace raids.

    There has been no public comment yet from the federal agency involved in the operation. It remains unclear whether an internal review will take place following the detention and release of Retes.

    Community groups continue to express concern about the lasting effects of the raid. They say the fear it created will not easily be forgotten. The union and others are asking for better protection for workers, especially veterans like Retes, who served the country and deserve to be treated fairly.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Andrew Rogers
    Andrew Rogers
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Andrew Rogers is a seasoned journalist and news analyst specializing in global affairs, politics, and finance. With a passion for investigative reporting, he delivers accurate, insightful stories that inform and engage readers worldwide.

    Related Posts

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    April 23, 2026
    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    April 23, 2026
    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    April 21, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks
    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    April 23, 2026
    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    April 23, 2026
    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    April 21, 2026
    Obama Mamdani childcare visit New York event 2026

    Obama Mamdani childcare visit New York event 2026

    April 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    Don't Miss
    Arsenal vs. Real Madrid: Predicted Lineups for Champions League Quarterfinal Clash

    Arsenal vs. Real Madrid: Predicted Lineups for Champions League Quarterfinal Clash

    Sports April 8, 2025

    Arsenal will host Real Madrid tonight in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League…

    Katy Perry Justin Trudeau Coachella appearance sparks buzz

    Katy Perry Justin Trudeau Coachella appearance sparks buzz

    April 14, 2026
    Flatiron Dragados

    Flatiron Dragados: Expert Leaders in Infrastructure Projects

    July 10, 2025
    Russia Sends Nuclear Missiles, EU Pledges Billions to Ukraine

    Russia Sends Nuclear Missiles, EU Pledges Billions to Ukraine

    December 23, 2025
    About Us

    Daljoog News is a trusted news platform that brings you the latest global and local updates with accuracy and fairness. We are committed to clear and unbiased reporting, covering topics like politics, business, technology, science, and culture and more. Using the latest technology and expert journalism, we provide reliable coverage of important stories. Stay informed, inspired, and empowered with Daljoog News—your source for breaking news, the latest updates, and videos that matter.

    Email Us: info@daljoognews.com

    Our Picks
    California Threatens Paramount’s $110B Warner Deal

    California Threatens Paramount’s $110B Warner Deal

    February 28, 2026
    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    February 18, 2026
    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    February 15, 2026
    Latest News
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    April 25, 2026
    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale.jpg The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.

    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale

    April 25, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Our Authors
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Sitemap
    © 2026 DaljoogNews.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.