Close Menu
Daljoog News
    What's Hot
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    April 25, 2026
    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale.jpg The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.

    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale

    April 25, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Thursday, May 21
    Daljoog News
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • General
    • World
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Politics
    • Finance
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Travel
    Daljoog News
    Home»Politics»Dogan Claims He Didn’t Intend to Rape
    Politics

    Dogan Claims He Didn’t Intend to Rape

    Andrew RogersBy Andrew RogersOctober 7, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Follow Us
    Google News
    Dogan Claims He Didn’t Intend to Rape
    Dogan Claims He Didn’t Intend to Rape
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Husamettin Dogan, 44, is appealing his conviction for raping Gisèle Pelicot, who had been drugged unconscious by her husband before being abused by multiple men. On the first day of his appeal trial in Nîmes, southern France, Dogan told the court he “never intended” to rape her. He admitted having sexual contact with Pelicot but said he did not know she was drugged.

    Pelicot, 72, survived almost a decade of sexual abuse after her then-husband Dominique Pelicot invited men he met online to rape her while she was unconscious. She became an international figure in the fight for women’s rights when she waived her anonymity in the trial of 51 men convicted last year. Dogan is the only one of the 51 men to appeal his conviction.

    Pelicot attended the appeals court with her youngest son, Florian, and once again chose to waive her anonymity. Supporters greeted her outside the courthouse with a banner reading “Gisèle, women thank you.” The presiding judge, Christian Pasta, reminded the court of the abuse she endured, including being filmed by her husband, who stored the footage on a hard drive labeled “abuse.”

    Dogan was sentenced last year to nine years in prison after video evidence showed him in the Pelicots’ bedroom. At the appeal, he described his actions as unintentional, saying he respected Pelicot and “never wanted to rape this lady.” Dogan arrived at court walking with a crutch and covering his face with sunglasses and a mask, stating he is currently unemployed.

    At his first trial, Dogan admitted contacting Dominique Pelicot in an online chatroom and driving to the couple’s home on the night of the incident in June 2019. He said he believed it was “just a game” and denied being a rapist. Toxicology reports presented to the appeals court confirmed that Pelicot was unconscious in the video and in a nearly fetal position. The judge noted that Dominique Pelicot held her head to prevent it from rolling to the side.

    Court testimony revealed details of Dogan’s difficult upbringing. Born in Turkey, he moved to France as a child. After a fire, his family lived in emergency housing, and he later became involved in drug dealing. Dogan had prior convictions and periods of homelessness. Psychiatric experts described him as having a regular sex life with his wife while secretly arranging occasional sexual encounters through online chatrooms.

    Dominique Pelicot, considered one of the worst sex offenders in modern French history, was sentenced to 20 years in prison. He will testify at the appeal trial, expected to reiterate, “I am a rapist and all the accused men in this room are rapists.”

    Nine jurors—five men and four women—are hearing the case along with three judges. The verdict in Dogan’s appeal trial is expected on Thursday.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Andrew Rogers
    Andrew Rogers
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Andrew Rogers is a seasoned journalist and news analyst specializing in global affairs, politics, and finance. With a passion for investigative reporting, he delivers accurate, insightful stories that inform and engage readers worldwide.

    Related Posts

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    April 23, 2026
    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    April 23, 2026
    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    April 21, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks
    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    April 23, 2026
    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    April 23, 2026
    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    April 21, 2026
    Obama Mamdani childcare visit New York event 2026

    Obama Mamdani childcare visit New York event 2026

    April 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    Don't Miss
    Global Green Building Demand Slows Amid Trump Policies

    Global Green Building Demand Slows Amid Trump Policies

    Politics November 10, 2025

    Global demand for “green” office buildings has slowed, with a sharp drop in interest across…

    Key Developments in U.S.–Iran Talks Amid Rising Tensions

    February 10, 2026
    Letitia James

    Letitia James: New York Attorney General Fighting for Justice

    June 19, 2025
    Iran Protest Red Line Declared by Revolutionary Guard

    Iran Protest Red Line Declared by Revolutionary Guard

    January 11, 2026
    About Us

    Daljoog News is a trusted news platform that brings you the latest global and local updates with accuracy and fairness. We are committed to clear and unbiased reporting, covering topics like politics, business, technology, science, and culture and more. Using the latest technology and expert journalism, we provide reliable coverage of important stories. Stay informed, inspired, and empowered with Daljoog News—your source for breaking news, the latest updates, and videos that matter.

    Email Us: info@daljoognews.com

    Our Picks
    California Threatens Paramount’s $110B Warner Deal

    California Threatens Paramount’s $110B Warner Deal

    February 28, 2026
    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    February 18, 2026
    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    February 15, 2026
    Latest News
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    April 25, 2026
    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale.jpg The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.

    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale

    April 25, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Our Authors
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Sitemap
    © 2026 DaljoogNews.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.