Close Menu
Daljoog News
    What's Hot
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    April 25, 2026
    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale.jpg The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.

    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale

    April 25, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Thursday, May 21
    Daljoog News
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • General
    • World
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Politics
    • Finance
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Travel
    Daljoog News
    Home»World»Haiti Leaders Move to Oust PM Despite US
    World

    Haiti Leaders Move to Oust PM Despite US

    Andrew RogersBy Andrew RogersJanuary 26, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Follow Us
    Google News
    Haiti Leaders Move to Oust PM Despite US
    Haiti Leaders Move to Oust PM Despite US
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Haiti’s political crisis deepened on Friday as two top leaders confirmed plans to remove Prime Minister Alix Didier Fils-Aime, despite warnings from the United States that such a move could have serious consequences.

    Transitional Presidential Council member Leslie Voltaire said the council, which appointed Fils-Aime in November 2024, has the authority to issue a new decree naming a prime minister, government, and presidency. “We are the ones who appointed Didier Fils-Aime. We worked with him for a year. It is up to us to decide on a new government,” Voltaire said at a press conference.

    The council acts as Haiti’s top executive body. It was formed in 2024 to oversee the country’s first election in a decade. However, elections have been repeatedly delayed due to a collapse in security, fueled by ongoing clashes with heavily armed gangs.

    Fils-Aime, speaking at a police event later on Friday, rejected the planned ouster. He warned that neither “criminals wearing ties or criminals wearing flip flops” would dictate the law. He added that anyone opposing the police or the state would face a firm response “without weakness, without compromise.”

    U.S. officials have pushed back against the council’s plan. U.S. Charge d’Affaires Henry Wooster emphasized that Fils-Aime must remain in office to continue the fight against gangs. Secretary of State Marco Rubio also called Fils-Aime, urging him to stay in his post for the country’s stability. Rubio warned that politicians who violate the council’s mandate could face “a steep cost.”

    Currently, five of the nine council members support removing Fils-Aime. Four of these members confirmed their signatures to local outlets. However, the resolution has not yet been published in Haiti’s official gazette, a required step for the decision to become legally valid.

    Voltaire and fellow council member Edgard Leblanc Fils said they plan to replace Fils-Aime within 30 days, following established procedures. Voltaire added that a short “pause” would allow political groups to propose a succession plan. If no consensus emerges, the council will determine the governance structure itself.

    Both Voltaire and Leblanc criticized U.S. comments, calling them disrespectful to Haiti’s sovereignty. The council’s term, beginning in April 2024, has been marked by internal disputes, corruption allegations, and worsening security conditions.

    Last year, a Haitian court dismissed corruption charges against three council members, ruling they were protected by their governing status. Two of these members signed the resolution to remove Fils-Aime but were excluded from the rotating presidency roster.

    Supporters of Fils-Aime’s ouster have proposed Finance Minister Alfred Metellus as a potential replacement. Metellus, a veteran of Haiti’s public sector, previously worked as a consultant for the Inter-American Development Bank.

    Haiti faces mounting political instability as gang violence continues to spread. The move to remove Fils-Aime highlights the deep divisions within the country’s leadership and raises questions about the timing and legitimacy of any transition, particularly under U.S. scrutiny.

    The council’s mandate ends on February 7, but no official succession plan is in place. With elections delayed and public confidence low, the country remains vulnerable to both political and security crises. Analysts warn that how the council proceeds could determine whether Haiti stabilizes or faces further unrest.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Andrew Rogers
    Andrew Rogers
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Andrew Rogers is a seasoned journalist and news analyst specializing in global affairs, politics, and finance. With a passion for investigative reporting, he delivers accurate, insightful stories that inform and engage readers worldwide.

    Related Posts

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    Reza Pahlavi Germany Attack Sparks Security Concern

    Reza Pahlavi Germany Attack Sparks Security Concern

    April 25, 2026
    US Iran Truce Tensions Rise as Talks Collapse Fast

    US Iran Truce Tensions Rise as Talks Collapse Fast

    April 25, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    Reza Pahlavi Germany Attack Sparks Security Concern

    Reza Pahlavi Germany Attack Sparks Security Concern

    April 25, 2026
    US Iran Truce Tensions Rise as Talks Collapse Fast

    US Iran Truce Tensions Rise as Talks Collapse Fast

    April 25, 2026
    Iran Internet Blackout Hits 50 Days Crisis

    Iran Internet Blackout Hits 50 Days Crisis

    April 23, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    Don't Miss
    Trump Immigration Raids Spark Widespread Protests Across U.S.

    Trump Immigration Raids Spark Widespread Protests Across U.S.

    Politics February 1, 2026

    Since Thursday, widespread protests have erupted across several U.S. states against the Trump administration’s immigration…

    Iran Strikes US-Israeli Digital Infrastructure in Cyber Escalation

    Iran Strikes US-Israeli Digital Infrastructure in Cyber Escalation

    April 4, 2026
    Bravo Dragon Fire

    Bravo Dragon Fire Destroys Lodge, Closes North Rim

    July 14, 2025
    Schönherr Fabrik

    Schönherr Fabrik: Chemnitz’s Creative and Cultural Hub

    July 12, 2025
    About Us

    Daljoog News is a trusted news platform that brings you the latest global and local updates with accuracy and fairness. We are committed to clear and unbiased reporting, covering topics like politics, business, technology, science, and culture and more. Using the latest technology and expert journalism, we provide reliable coverage of important stories. Stay informed, inspired, and empowered with Daljoog News—your source for breaking news, the latest updates, and videos that matter.

    Email Us: info@daljoognews.com

    Our Picks
    California Threatens Paramount’s $110B Warner Deal

    California Threatens Paramount’s $110B Warner Deal

    February 28, 2026
    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    February 18, 2026
    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    February 15, 2026
    Latest News
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    April 25, 2026
    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale.jpg The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.

    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale

    April 25, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Our Authors
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Sitemap
    © 2026 DaljoogNews.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.