Close Menu
Daljoog News
    What's Hot
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    April 25, 2026
    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale.jpg The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.

    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale

    April 25, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Thursday, May 21
    Daljoog News
    Facebook X (Twitter) YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • General
    • World
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Politics
    • Finance
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Travel
    Daljoog News
    Home»Politics»Iran Holds State Funeral for War Commanders Amid Nuclear Tensions
    Politics

    Iran Holds State Funeral for War Commanders Amid Nuclear Tensions

    Andrew RogersBy Andrew RogersJune 28, 2025Updated:June 29, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Follow Us
    Google News
    Iran Holds State Funeral for War Commanders Amid Nuclear Tensions
    Iran Holds State Funeral for War Commanders Amid Nuclear Tensions
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Iran held a large state funeral on Saturday for 60 people, including military leaders and nuclear scientists, who died during its recent war with Israel. The funeral comes at a time of rising tensions with the United States over nuclear concerns and statements from President Donald Trump.

    The 12-day war began on June 13 and ended with a ceasefire. Both Iran and Israel claimed they had won. However, the situation remains tense after U.S. airstrikes on three Iranian nuclear facilities last weekend. These strikes were part of a joint response with Israel aimed at Iran’s nuclear program.

    Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, dismissed the U.S. strikes as insignificant, saying they had no major effect. Still, the toll on both sides was severe. Iran’s health ministry said 627 civilians died due to Israeli airstrikes. In contrast, Israeli sources reported 28 deaths from Iranian attacks.

    Donald Trump reacted to the war and Iran’s claims of victory with anger. On his Truth Social account, he criticized Khamenei and revealed that he knew the Iranian leader’s hiding place during the war.

    “I saved him from a very ugly death,” Trump wrote, adding that he had been working on lifting sanctions against Iran. He claimed he stopped those efforts after Iran issued angry statements instead of showing gratitude.

    Iran’s foreign minister, Abbas Araghchi, responded strongly to Trump’s words. He said Trump’s disrespectful tone toward Khamenei was not acceptable and would harm any hope for future talks.

    “The people of Iran will not tolerate threats and insults,” Araghchi wrote on X.

    The funeral ceremony began at 8:00 a.m. in Tehran’s Enghelab Square. A large crowd gathered to honor the 60 people who died, many of whom were high-ranking military officers or nuclear experts. The procession moved to Azadi Square, covering a distance of nearly 11 kilometers.

    Officials described the day as historic. One of the most notable figures laid to rest was Major General Mohammad Bagheri, the second-highest commander in Iran’s military. He died alongside his wife and daughter, who was a journalist. All three were killed in an Israeli airstrike.

    Also honored was Mohammad Mehdi Tehranchi, a leading nuclear scientist. He was buried with his wife. Revolutionary Guards commander Hossein Salami, who was killed on the war’s first day, was also buried during the ceremony.

    Of the 60 people honored, four were children, showing the wide impact of the conflict.

    The funeral comes during an ongoing debate about Iran’s nuclear goals. During his presidency, Trump had withdrawn from a major nuclear deal signed under Barack Obama in 2015. That agreement had aimed to limit Iran’s ability to build nuclear weapons, while allowing peaceful nuclear energy use.

    After the U.S. pulled out in 2018, Iran gradually increased its nuclear activities. Western powers fear that Iran may now be closer to building a bomb.

    Following last week’s airstrikes, Trump said he was planning to begin new talks with Iran. But Iran denied any such plan. Khamenei vowed that Iran would never give in to U.S. pressure.

    “The American president exaggerated events,” Khamenei said. He argued that the nuclear program had not suffered major setbacks.

    Israel’s government claimed the war had disrupted Iran’s nuclear project. Its foreign minister, Gideon Saar, said action had been taken against a real threat. He called on the global community to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

    “Israel acted at the last possible moment,” Saar wrote, urging world leaders to stop Iran’s nuclear plans using all available means.

    With the war now paused, tensions remain high. Iran’s state funeral shows how deeply the conflict has affected the country. At the same time, strong words from both the U.S. and Iran suggest that peace is far from guaranteed.

    As the world watches closely, the future of Iran’s nuclear program and its role in the region continue to be major global concerns.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Andrew Rogers
    Andrew Rogers
    • Website
    • Facebook

    Andrew Rogers is a seasoned journalist and news analyst specializing in global affairs, politics, and finance. With a passion for investigative reporting, he delivers accurate, insightful stories that inform and engage readers worldwide.

    Related Posts

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    April 23, 2026
    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    April 23, 2026
    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    April 21, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Our Picks
    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    Meloni selfie voter incident goes viral Italy

    April 23, 2026
    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    Trump Bible Reading Event Sparks Political Debate

    April 23, 2026
    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    Balikatan drill Trump effigy protest sparks unrest

    April 21, 2026
    Obama Mamdani childcare visit New York event 2026

    Obama Mamdani childcare visit New York event 2026

    April 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    Don't Miss
    Texas Defunds Border Wall Program After Building Only 8%

    Texas Defunds Border Wall Program After Building Only 8%

    Politics June 19, 2025

    Four years after Texas Governor Greg Abbott promised the state would build its own border…

    California Allows Tesla to Continue Sales After Safety Marketing Fix

    California Allows Tesla to Continue Sales After Safety Marketing Fix

    February 18, 2026
    Charleston Southern Tops South Carolina State

    Charleston Southern Tops South Carolina State

    December 9, 2025
    The Perfect Crown IU Series Marks Big Acting Return

    The Perfect Crown IU Series Marks Big Acting Return

    April 14, 2026
    About Us

    Daljoog News is a trusted news platform that brings you the latest global and local updates with accuracy and fairness. We are committed to clear and unbiased reporting, covering topics like politics, business, technology, science, and culture and more. Using the latest technology and expert journalism, we provide reliable coverage of important stories. Stay informed, inspired, and empowered with Daljoog News—your source for breaking news, the latest updates, and videos that matter.

    Email Us: info@daljoognews.com

    Our Picks
    California Threatens Paramount’s $110B Warner Deal

    California Threatens Paramount’s $110B Warner Deal

    February 28, 2026
    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    US Judge Dismisses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit

    February 18, 2026
    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    Casey Wasserman to Sell Agency Amid Epstein File Fallout

    February 15, 2026
    Latest News
    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    Iran Fast Boats Raise Security Risks in Hormuz Strait

    April 25, 2026
    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    2PM Ok Taecyeon Marries After 10 Years of Love

    April 25, 2026
    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale.jpg The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.

    Russia Gold Reserves Drop After Massive 22 Ton Sale

    April 25, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS YouTube Instagram
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Our Authors
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Sitemap
    © 2026 DaljoogNews.com

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.